Renault continues to keep very quiet about the UK launch. In addition to some previous information, I today learned a few more titbits from my local dealer:
- I should be contacted on Tuesday or Wednesday next week about my order. I should get an allocated vehicle (presumably tied to a chassis number) and a confirmed delivery date.
- I should also be contacted about the installation of a wall box.
- Vehicles will be available for test drives about 15-20 May.
- Delivery for pre-ordered vehicles is still pencilled in for the end of May or early June.
- My vehicle is the 27th due to arrive in the UK, with four of those first 27 being orders from my dealer.
- As in France, no opportunity charging cable (‘granny cable’) will be available. Instead it will be possible to ring any Renault ZE dealer to book access to their charge points – and they will all be fast charge capable. Dealer charging will be free.
The salesman mentioned that the dealer staff had a chance to try out a set of 5 ZOEs and had been impressed with their smoothness and acceleration. And had also been impressed with the potential range, having started with a predicted range over 100 miles – after driving about 30 miles the range had only dropped by about 20 miles.
It’s all very encouraging – now Renault just need to get them in the hands of real customers! This time next week will be one year since I pre-ordered my ZOE.