The following offer is sponsored by, and is exclusive to, Fuel Included Limited;
Yesterday we received the new June 2015 prices for the Renault ZOE (effectively an electric Clio) and though they have changed slightly they are still looking remarkably good.
Latest prices are as follows for a Renault ZOE Dynamique Nav on 2 year PCP:
- 3000 miles per year: £75 deposit plus £145 per month, Fuel included*
- 7500 miles per year: £75 deposit plus £180 per month, Fuel included*
- 9000 miles per year: £90 deposit plus £190 per month, Fuel included*
- 10500 miles per year: £100 deposit plus £199 per month, Fuel included*
- 12000 miles per year: £120 deposit plus £210 per month, Fuel included*
- 15000 miles per year: £150 deposit plus £235 per month, Fuel included*
For clarity the monthly figure includes the battery rental. Renault will also pay for the installation of a home fast charge point (7kW/30A). In all cases the excess mileage is effectively 15.5p/mile (8p per mile for the car and £7.50 per 100 miles for the battery).
Road tax is, of course, free, and no MOT is required during the term of the contract.
A home 13Amp charge cable isn’t included, though it isn’t required if the charge point is used – it can, however, be taken as an option for £22 per month. Metallic paint (black, grey, blue, Arctic White) is also available and adds £10-£25 per month on a standard Glacier White finish.
For comparison, consider the current deal for the Clio Dynamique S Nav TCE 90 for which the deposit is a massive £2879 and the monthly payment is £169. Even at 60mpg, if you could get it fuel included it would cost an additional £55 per month in fuel for 7500 miles per year. Therefore in total over 24 months it would cost £224 per month compared to the ZOE’s £180. And being electric the ZOE is much nicer to drive, and can be run from a renewable energy supply. And of course you’ve saved that £2800 deposit.
It’s worth noting that you get a lot of car for your money. The ZOE Dynamique Nav is a very high specification including satnav with traffic control, bluetooth, MP3, auto-lights, auto-wipers, electric mirrors and windows, reversing camera, cruise control, speed limiter, traction control, keyless entry, alloy wheels, air conditioning, etc. And being electric you can monitor the battery charge and remaining range, and control the heating or air conditioning, from your smartphone.
Who’d have believed you could drive away a new high-tech high-end car with no fuel costs, no road tax and no MOT required, for a deposit of £75?!
It’s the ultimate in predictable, fixed-cost motoring. Note, however, that virtually all stocks have been sold so cars are being built to order. Delivery for orders taken in June will be delivered in September-November, first-come first-served.
Personally I think this offer is a loss-leader for Renault.
If you want to know more please complete our Contact form – the high interest in this offer makes it difficult to track contacts in other ways.
Update 26 June: Renault have historically always paid for the installation of a home fast charge point (7kW/30A) by British Gas but this offer is no longer available
; you should therefore budget £200-£300 for this. Update 3 July: This offer has been reinstated but the intallation is now done by Chargemaster (for more details see the Chargemaster brochure).
Also note that due to demand ZOE deliveries are now likely to be October-December.
The following are included on a June 2015 fuel included deal:
- Fuel (electricity) for the first 10000 miles at the Economy 7 rate
- Registration and access cards for the biggest charging networks: Ecotricity and Chargemaster/Polar
- Registration for London congestion charge exemption
- Out of hours telephone and email support for the first 6 months
- Office hours telephone and email support for the first 12 months
- Advice and support on installing a charge point.
- Advice and support on switching to a renewable energy supplier and Economy 7 for overnight charging (both optional).
Note that fuel included pays for 10000 miles of charging through your charge point. It does not prevent you combining offers to get additional free miles in other ways:
- Charging at all motorway services is currently free (and at some other charge points)
- We advise and support you to switch to a renewable energy supplier, e.g. Ecotricity. Currently you can get an additional 1000 miles per year free from Ecotricity, so you could have a total of 12000 miles free motoring on this 2 year contract.
You can also take advantage of free parking at many locations (include central London, many other city centres, London Midland rail stations, etc.). Finally note that generally if you use your private car for work purposes you can currently claim and get reimbursed at the petrol/diesel rate (at least 40p per mile) even though your fuel is free.
Source: Fuel Included Blog